Joel

Joel

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Influence #4- Dave Matthews Band

What can I say about the Dave Matthews Band. This band shaped the way I view music in so many ways. The intensity, the passion, and the ferocity with which they play is compelling.

This band taught me that you can be hard and not have to be heavy. Your sound can hit someone in the chest and not have to have screaming guitars and death metal pedals. Seeing them live is one of the greatest musical experiences that i can recall. This band does spontaneous music and vocals better than anyone I have ever seen, in or out of the church. They also taught me to never get in a hurry with music. Sometime you have to let it marinate.

In my opinion Dave is one of the best songwriters in many years. His lyrics are some of the best I can recount. Before These Crowded Streets is in my opinion one of the best album i will ever own.



Dave Matthews Band- Don't Drink The Water

No comments:

Post a Comment